- Time for other things is very limited!
- I have found that my own time for my school (dog training) is nearly non-existant now. I am learning how to fit it in.
- Max knows how to memorize facts, but not necessarily understand them, which makes it a little tricky to know what he does and does not know.
- We got the book Temple Grandin, How the Girl who loved cows embraced Autism and changed the world today!
- My mom came over to tutor Max a little today, get a baseline for where he is and what she thinks we should work on. (She is a retired special ed teacher.)
- We have goals. One being that he will attend the church's youth group. He attended one and hated it (I knew he would.) But we have a plan to make the next time a little bit easier. I will let you know if it works!
- We are going to learn Sign Language! Everyone should know it!
- He is going to learn algebra! This is his dream, to know the intriguing "pi" formula.
- He is going to volunteer. This is still in the works. I will update in another blog post.
Overall, things are going well. There are challenges to be sure, and it's only been a week, but so far, we are happy.