Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Max's room (Mostly just pictures)


Max's room is a disaster. I don't even know where to start.

For one thing, there is clutter everywhere and no where to put it.

His bookcase collapsed under all the weight



I cleared a spot so you could see it's a desk.


His door fell off its hinges. That happened a long time ago. At night, Max would simply prop his door against the frame to block out light. (Dennis didn't want it thrown out because he said he could fix it.)



Then not long after that, the door frame fell off the wall. Just like that. While we were cleaning out his room, right on cue, the door frame gave up and died.

So I told Max to take the frame and the door to the fire pit. Things that die get burned around here.

The door before...

...and after
His desk is next if it keeps looking the way it does.

The frustrating thing is that there isn't much we can do with Max's room right now. Obviously a new door is next on the list, but for now, I offered to paint Max's room. I asked him what colors he would like and he said, "Green and purple!"

Really? Those are like the two hardest colors to work with.

He really wanted dark green and dark purple, because lavender is too "girly." But it would make for a very dark room, so I think I have a plan.


I'm going to make these two ^^^ walls green (plus the one with the desk and dresser) and the other two walls white. I'm going to put a green stripe running across the wall for a hopefully "cool" and "teenage boy" look. We'll see.

His closet door died too.

The green stripe

If this doesn't make any sense to you yet, that's ok. I like to surprise people.

This will be a (loooong) work in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment