Tuesday, May 22, 2018

A depressing post with a somewhat hopeful ending.

I'm feeling a little down today. Maybe it's partly because of the weather (another cloudy day), but it's also because of the non-stop, ongoing depressing news in our world. Tragic bus accidents. Plane crashes. Volcano eruptions. Suicide bombings. Another school shooting. Cars driving into crowds. And the worst of all, simply because it involved a mother and child, a mother taking her own life and forcing her little boy to take his as well.

I try to stay away from it all. Off of Facebook and away from the news. But it finds me anyway. I hear about it from others in conversation. It weighs heavy on my heart.

I hear people say that they love dogs because dogs love unconditionally. These people usually follow up this comment with saying how they hate people because people are evil and let others down.

Raising up dogs over people isn't going to solve anything. We need love. I've talked about this before and I guess it's the only conclusion that I come to that makes sense. These people that treat dogs better than their own,  are selfish, angry people, and they aren't helping this world become a better place.

I'm sorry--this post is a downer post and probably not going to uplift anyone. I have to let it out somewhere. I have prayed about this and will have to pray again.

We need God. That is the only way the shootings will stop, the bombings will stop, the violence. I read somewhere that some middle school is forcing the students to recognize Allah as their leader. I don't know if this is true or not. But if it is, it is strange how the world will choose any other god except the real God.

Despite all the evil that is happening in the world, I believe in God more than ever. I have seen a world without God in it. I know He is there, I know He is with those that still want Him in their lives. I know that God hasn't abandoned us. But sometimes it feels like He has. But it's the world that has abandoned Him.

And so, this is where I'm going to end this depressing post. A reminder to anyone that wants to listen to me that we need to pray a little harder, maybe pray a little more often. Perhaps start fasting again. We need conversions of heart. We need miracles. There is nothing anyone can do to make peace. We are at the mercy of God. Nothing will change--nothing--until we start praying again.

If we are already praying, we've got to pray harder. I believe that things can change from a single prayer. I believe this because we hear about these stories of just one person who believed enough to rise someone from the dead.

Speaking of which, it is interesting, isn't it, that Jesus chose so many of these miracles of dead people rising? There isn't any situation that is worse than someone that has died--nothing so impossible than to rise someone back to life.

If it is possible, and Jesus showed that it is--rising many back to life, including Himself--then He must be trying to tell us something. He must be telling us to pray for miracles and hope for the possible to happen even when it feels impossible. And it does--it truly does. But God isn't gone. He is still there. And I believe He is waiting. Waiting for us to let Him know when we are ready for Him to change the world and bring things back into order.


No comments:

Post a Comment