Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Bathroom demolition

We are finally redoing the bathroom!

Since this will be a long process, I am going to do this as a series of posts.

Being down a bathroom is sort of a pain--especially for those of us who have to go all the way downstairs to go to the bathroom at night. But it will be worth it.

For now, I am happy to be rid of it all--the toilet, the vanity, the old medicine cabinet and the flooring. It doesn't look so bad in the pictures but if you were here in person, you would know what I'm talking about. And you would be happy too!

The new bathroom will be more upscale--not top of the line, but it will be nicer than this one. I've been saving up for it during the summer months. After twelve years of outdated bathrooms, I feel like this one is well-earned for all of us! I won't have to cringe any longer when guests use our bathroom. It's always been very embarrassing to me when they had to use the old water-stained toilet.

In the meantime, some pictures:

 
 
The tile got to be so water-soaked (because they weren't put on correctly) that they began to peel off.
 
I could never stand this medicine cabinet. It's shelves were so tiny that everything would constantly fall out.

 
This is the bathroom that we're going to have to live with for at least a week, if not longer:


When I was in Europe on a retreat, we stopped at waysides and this is pretty much all we had for a toilet. Brings back warm memories.

Self-imposed punishment, you might say. I think it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment