Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Subfloor and Cement Floor Install

Finally, the reconstruction has begin! Today Dennis put in the new subfloor (the wooden part) and then on top of that, the cement board. (The gray part.) (Sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious too much.)


 
 
 
Like a little kid, I can't help but keep asking, "What are you going to do next??" It's so much fun to see it all come together.
 
What comes next is more cement boards for both the floor and the wall. And in case you don't know what's for--it's so that the tile has something to stick to. I didn't know that at first (I thought you could cement it directly to the subfloor), so that's why I point all these little things out.
 
After that, Dennis will "place" the vanity. This means that he will put it in the bathroom, but not necessarily install it yet. He's going to see how it all measures out, figure out the tile, ect.
 
I know these are small things, but I can't help it, I'm just so excited. :-)
 
 
(A couple days later...)
 
So the installation of the subfloor and cement floor took a little longer than expected. There are a lot of little "in-between" steps.
 
Cement floor is in. Plywood wall is on.
 
 
One thing I've learned about this process is to always compliment the guys!
 
When Dennis surveyed his work critically (he's a real perfectionist) and asked, "What do you think?"
I said, "Wow! It looks great!" (Even though to me, it didn't look too much different than before.) Compliments seems to be a real motivator, and motivation always means moving on to the next step!
 
In between all this work was putting on the mortar (sp?) and the cement tape. I have no idea what those things are for, all I know is that they were necessary. And yes, time consuming too.
 
The last part that was accomplished was putting on the cement board on the walls. This was put on over the plywood.
 


 

 
Besides the little odds and ends that still have to be done, this part is pretty much done. Next, tiling!


No comments:

Post a Comment