Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Preparations...

Dennis took over the prep work in the girls room for which I'm thankful for. I can do prep work but this one was beyond me. The glue to the wallpaper was still stuck to the wall and all had to be scraped off. I've had enough scraping to last me a lifetime. Dennis is sort of stickler for nice and tidy work so I told him to knock himself out.

I'm still gathering things along the way for the girls room but I won't get everything I was hoping to get. That is ok--at least they will have a decent room back! I have yet to get the shelves, which is one of the most important things since their room clutters up so fast. I also got a Lava Lamp. Remember those??? The girls saw them one day and really wanted them.

I had plans to buy them a fancy light. Chandeliers seem to be the "in" thing with girls room these days, but I just couldn't get myself to buy one. I found a pretty basic light that wasn't a chandelier but had lots of crystal on it. Still, it was so much fancier than who we are. It just didn't feel right to me and I don't want to send the girls a message that we need glitter and glam to make a room nice.

But I still wanted some sort of sparkle because I had promised sparkle and girls love sparkle!
What more sparkle could you get from prisms to hang from your windows? Plus they make rainbows! A twofer!

Lucy is going on a trip to Camp Voyager next week with her class. This will be her first time away from home without us so of course I'm very nervous. That's part of the reason why I wanted to do this project while she's gone. Hopefully the time will go by fast and she will have a new room to come home to.

I'm looking forward to next week and yet dreading it. Dreading Lucy leaving for two days but looking forward to surprising her (and Anna!) when she comes home.



No comments:

Post a Comment