Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Finally, an answer

Well, we finally have an answer for Luke. It feels like Christmas morning to me. Now maybe life can get back to normal.

Today is Ash Wednesday and I feel that I've already started my Lent a week early. That's ok though, I haven't felt this close to God (or rather, He is close to me) in a long time.

There are a few complications that have come along with this, for instance, that Luke's strep test has come back positive, meaning that these tics are most likely caused by the strep. Does this still mean he has Tourette's? I don't know. I know that the doctors will look at it as Tourette's, because that is the category these tics fall into.

There is so much to talk about and I'm sure that as a stress-reliever, I will, but not today. Today is Ash Wednesday and I want to put my focus on that. Luke is going back to school (he has been missing again) and I'm ready for a fresh start.

I should add that things are better with the school. I didn't like how they handled things but that's behind us now. I appreciate the way they're handling it now so that's what matters. They're working with us and being very understanding with all the school he's missing. We're planning on meeting for an IEP to map out the accommodations Luke will need to make it possible to go to his therapies and still attend school.

Thank you, God, for answers! They give us solid ground again.

No comments:

Post a Comment