Tuesday, May 2, 2017

23 days left

Only twenty three days of school left (not counting weekends.) Twenty three! I can't wait. I will be so happy to put an end to this school year.

We are still waiting to make a final decision with the new school or staying with our old school. Dennis has told me he will go along with whatever I decide, so the decision is on me. I'm still waiting...for what, I don't know. To feel comfortable? For a reason to stay? I don't know.

It was hard enough when it was just trying to decide if Lucy should transfer, but all five kids! Now my stomach is really in knots. I am taking them out of the only school they knew and away from the friends they made. It's a hard decision.

We have an appointment to tour Bayview Elementary next week. I heard from my social worker that she's heard a lot of good things about Bayview, which was encouraging. Plus, they have a really good view of Lake Waconia! Ok, I know that isn't even really a reason to transfer, but nice views don't hurt.

What did hurt was when I emailed Luke's special ed teacher about our pending decision about transferring schools. I explained the situation and let her know it had nothing to do with the school personally. I was hoping for a little insight about what her thoughts were if Luke were to stay on another year. I know the decision is ultimately mine, but I've never known a school to let a student go without trying to talk them into staying. I guess, in some ways, I was looking for a reason to stay. Good school support? Good special ed program? Anything??? Beuler? Beuler?

  But all she said was that the "front desk could help me with the transferring papers" and "let me know if you have any more questions." That was it. No mention of missing Luke or a polite "sorry to see him go" or anything. She has been working with Luke for four years and couldn't care less that he might be leaving.

Maybe I was expecting too much, I don't know. But I sure wasn't expecting that either.

The school is cold. That is one of the reasons why I want to leave. I don't know if it is just the teachers or maybe it's just me. But I feel like I run into brick walls with them over and over. Crisp and cold, that's pretty much what I experience over there.

So yes, I am warming up more and more to transferring. It is time for a change. The question is, will it be a good one?

I am still praying about it. I am the type of person that likes to look before she leaps. Or maybe it's just because I'm getting old and more cautious. I've made some spontaneous decisions in my lifetime, and they were all BAD and cost me dearly.

Twenty-three more days of the chilly school. And then we will be done. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment