Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Max's Room--finally

Max's room is not actually finished, but I finally got the painting done. AND we got a door!

It doesn't have a doorknob, but it's a door!
Max's old door. Or what was left of it.

Here is Max's room from a few months ago:


Remember the weird stripe thing I had on the wall? Well, that is why it took me forever to paint his room. His walls are textured and so it made painting that stripe (I put two of them on) extremely hard. Even after all that work, it still managed to leak down the wall and didn't turn out really well.

But if you stand back and squint your eyes, it looks alright!
(I have never been a perfectionist.)


I know, I know. You're looking at these white walls and two stripes and thinking that it shouldn't have take two months to paint. But it did! (Plus, I ran out of white paint.) 

I had to wait for the stripes to dry in between coats. And then I had to paint over them again, and then let them dry. And then take off the tape and retape and do the next stripe and start the process all over again. And then there were just days where I just couldn't get to it...

He loves the history of Presidents too. I found this poster at Hobby Lobby.

Max had wanted green and purple for his colors. I couldn't do green and purple, it was just too dark. Plus, he chose a really dark green (but pretty!) So we made a compromise to have white balance it out and do purple accents (coming soon!)

He wants a "flag room." He's really been into World History lately and has taken an interest in all the flags of different countries. So I ordered some flags off of Amazon and we're going to hang them as a border around the room.

So his room is far from finished but I feel like it's finally starting to shape up a little. He was so excited about his door!

Some furnishing to help him be more organized comes next, and of course a bed frame and carpet. You see, it is far from over.

But, it's a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment