Saturday, March 17, 2018

Nothing to do

Today I was thinking to myself: I've gotten in the habit of being on Facebook too much, I really need to find a way to fill up my time. But what do I do? There's nothing to do...

Then I decided I could start with stripping the beds, I haven't washed the sheets in a while. That led to cleaning up that corner in my room that I never can get organized. And from there, it led to all of this:

Get Anna started writing out a few of her favorite Maxims, I haven't even started on that with her
and oh yeah, I should probably enter all those workshop dates that I need to be at
and oh, I have to email Kara some questions on that..
wow, Henry's room stinks, where is that smell coming from? Gonna pick up some of these clothes, 
what the heck is that under that pile, is it breathing??
why do these kids never clean their rooms, do they really think I can do it all??
That reminds me, Luke needs a bath for his birthday party today, but probably should 
do Henry first because he wet his bed last night. What is this spilled on the carpet? Juice??
Better blot that out, and oh, I forgot to make breakfast. The kids should know how to make their own 
breakfast, gotta walk them through it one of these days, oh wait, where's the Resolve for that stain on the carpet??
Stripping my bed, wow, my room has gotten really messy, it's almost as bad as the kids. Gotta clean up that bookcase...oh, there's my planner, I should probably add in the dates that the dogs are coming over for boarding before I forget...
Is Henry splashing water on the floor again? Gotta make him wipe it up this time or he won't learn. Gotta go wash his hair. Where are the kids? Are they doing their jobs??
Checking on Lucy, she is always reading the day away. Holy cow, her room is a mess! Tell her to start cleaning it up--might as well strip their beds too. 
Luke is vacuuming like I told him but telling me that the vacuum is broken..which reminds me I forgot
to rinse out the Resolve on the carpet. Great, now it's going to be dry and crunchy.
Have Lucy work on the picking up the foyer, and did Anna clean the dining room like I told her? 
Why are there boots lying all over the place when there is a closet nearby???
Doing the wash, can only do one load at a time. Man these sheets stink! Hope I remember to switch the wash this time. 
Get Henry out the tub and Luke into the tub. Why is Henry wearing those pants?? He probably doesn't have any clean clothes--again. Gotta remember to do the laundry today. 
Dogs are out of water--again. Why am I always the one filling their bowl?? Have Anna do this instead. 
Checking on the girls room and have Anna climb up and put fresh sheets on the bunkbed, I can never climb up there. Ask Lucy to please clean up behind her bed---I don't even want to KNOW why there is candy wrappers and pop cans in
that mess! 
Make sure Luke is actually washing his hair and not just sitting there. Ask Henry to please get Luke a dry towel..oh wait, don't have any clean towels. Using Henry's wet one to give to Luke, sorry about that....
Did Max clean up all the poop outside? The yard is disgusting. Max says it's too frozen to pick up, gotta remember to have him try again later this afternoon...
s
till gotta get back to those breakfast dishes...why are there still dirty dishes from last night supper on the table?!
Checking on the time, gotta get Luke out of the tub and remind him to dress in something nice for the party...get back to the dishes, I haven't even run the dishwasher yet and it's already 10:30?! Still didn't get to the bookcase, my room is always so messy but can never seem to get to it. 
Ok I've gotta take a break, I'm gonna lose it. Seems like nothing got done and yet I've been working all morning. Too much to do. 

And ironically, this started off with the thought that there is nothing to do in between Facebook time. Our ancestors would be cringing at the way we look (and handle) our chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment