Friday, February 19, 2016

Bathroom Break

So while we take a break from the bathroom reno, we're now looking at the hallway. I had just painted it last year, but Dennis has never been fond of the chair rail. I had convinced him to try it out for a year, but it hasn't grown on him. And in the meantime, I've grown out of it.

So we agreed to just go with one basic color, and keep things simple. I think it's going to look much better. But believe it or not, I'm not looking forward to painting which is really unusual for me! Probably because I just finished painting the bathroom.


This is how it looked when we first moved in. I had liked the two color tone idea and wanted to keep the chair rail to divide them. So we bought a more modern chair rail and repainted, with two tones of brown.  


This is how it looks now (ignore the bathroom door that still serves as our barricade.)

Dennis took off one of the chair railings that was already falling off. We have to plaster over the rough area, and then sand it down. 




It seems like there's always something to paint/fix/replace in this house.

Anyway, if we do get paint (money is tight right now), I will post some pictures next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment