Sunday, February 7, 2016

Grouting done, toilet is in!

Well, Dennis surprised me once again and finished the grouting on Friday night after work. I don't know if he did it for me or just to get it done, but whatever the reason, I'm glad it's done!



Then last night, Dennis surprised me again and installed the toilet!


We're oh-so-slowly getting our bathroom back.

 It was rather funny seeing the kids reaction when they saw a toilet back in the bathroom after a month of not having one: "Wait, there's a toilet in here???"

No more having to walk children down to the basement to use the bathroom because they're afraid of the dark...no more long treks in the middle of the night. We have been spoiled with two bathrooms, and I'm glad I'm more appreciative but now I'm ready for convenience again.

We still have another wall to tile, but in the meantime, we're going to focus on the drywall and bathroom light. I will be painting this week (finally!) and then the vanity will be installed. (Yay!)

Finally, the other wall will be tiled and grouted and then we'll install shower doors. That was sort of a last minute change to our bathroom plans. Dennis has been wanting shower doors for a long time because the shower curtain doesn't keep the water out. (And ruins the floor, as we had seen with all the mold.)  Though, I will miss the shower curtains. We've had them for years but they're my favorite.

And last, we will get a new bathroom door. As I've said, we are going to replace all the doors as they're all broken in some way.

But for now, this is our bathroom door!

 
 
 



Those shower curtains came in handy after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment