Friday, March 18, 2016

Trim and Stuff (Part 1)

So now that we've changed the color of the door to a dark brown, none of the other doors match. That's not really a big deal because we're planning on getting new doors down the road anyway. But in the meantime, the trim also doesn't match.

Dennis surprised me. Trim was a project that we started last summer and never finished. We still have some walls that don't have baseboards on them from when he took the old ones off. Certain doors like our bedroom and the bathroom haven't had trim around it for almost a year now. Yes, it's messy looking and yep, the kids are always peeking through the cracks.



So when Dennis came home yesterday and again today with a bundle of trim and baseboards, I was surprised. We had talked about changing the trim and baseboards to a darker color to match the bathroom door, but I didn't realize it would be so soon. Like today.

But I'm not one to slow anyone down when it comes to finishing a project. So I have wisely kept my mouth shut and just let Dennis do his business. The only thing I've been called to do is painting the trim.



Painting has always been my department. As I said, I'm the only that seems to enjoy it and it's something I can do without messing up too much.



Then Dennis surprised me again. In addition to our door situation, he went and took the door off the linen closet. Our one and only functioning door. I couldn't help questioning him on that one. He said, "Well, the linen closet has to match the other doors too, right?" I didn't even think of that, but I guess he's right. So I'm paining that door too. At least it can go right back on right away.




This will be a work in progress, since we need to switch out all the old baseboards and trim with the new dark trim and baseboards. It will be three rooms that we're going to do this in--the living room, hallway and foyer. It's going to take a while, so that's why I'm calling this post "Part 1".

There's always a project to do around here!

Waiting on that doorknob to come and trim around the door so that it will finally look complete. And of course, the faucets for the tub....

No comments:

Post a Comment