Friday, September 30, 2016

The Man Cave project: update

I have to admit the Man Cave is looking better than the house put together.

Dennis recently added a tinted epoxy to the floor. It looks great, and really brings out the wood.

Before
 
 
After
 
He even gave the old fridge a makeover.
 
Yep, covered that in wood too.
 

 
Now he can put meat and beer and whatever it is that Cavemen eat.
 
 
He was joking around about putting a TV in his Man Cave too. Or at least, I think he was joking. He knows that might be pushing it a bit.
 
 
But thinking a little bit more on it, I guess even though the thought of a TV being in the Man Cave makes me a little uncomfortable (wondering if he will always be in there and never come out again), it also makes me uncomfortable about being the one to object. Makes me feel like I'm his mother or something. I know I have to exercise a little bit of trust, and if he does end up spending too much time in there and not enough with his family, then I can speak up. Never stopped me before.
 
I've also been thinking that he just sold his boat to help things out here with the family. And though he keeps saying that it's ok, I know that there's some hurt there.
 
He has a birthday coming up...I bet you can't guess what I'm going to surprise him with.
 
I hope I don't regret it.




No comments:

Post a Comment