Sunday, February 5, 2017

Little Improvements: The Love Seat

Along with our craigslist couch, we have added on a loveseat that our neighbor gave us for free. Isn't that great?!

I love the loveseat in itself; it's so cute and original. But when I saw it sitting in our living room, somehow, things didn't match up. I couldn't put my finger on it. Was it just because I wasn't used to seeing a love seat in our living room? I wasn't sure.


I finally realized that the coloring of the love seat didn't go with the coloring of the rest of our furniture, which is a darker brown. So you know what I did--I stained! (You thought I was going to say paint, didn't you?)

One thing I will say about stain--it's cheaper than paint and easier to do! I did three coats in a jiffy with a paper towel and that's it.


It blends in much better with our furniture now. I may reupholster down the road, if I am brave enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment