Sunday, February 25, 2018

Happy Stories

As I type this, I am waiting for my laptop to shut off for about the hundredth time--something it has been doing for the past month or so that has been testing my patience, and that's putting it mildly. It will shut off without any warning, so that means many emails or videos that I'm uploading get lost. Yes, it's infuriating. Faulty cord? Yes, at first, but now it's happening somewhere deep inside the computer. I can hear something "pop" and then it shuts off.

I was wondering how and when I could get a new laptop but that didn't seem to be happening any time soon, as school loans and other commitments always come first. But then Jerry sent me a royalty check! It's never very much, but, it was just enough for a small and basic laptop! So that is my happy story #1.

Happy story #2 is that thanks to our tax returns, we were able to pay off the new diamond that's going to replace the one I lost in my wedding ring! I've been without my ring for about 4 months now, and even though I have a cheap $40 wedding band so my hand doesn't feel so naked, I've been missing my ring! I'm so excited to get it back!

Happy story #3 is that I might have a couple more clients in store for the future! One of them contacted me a while ago, and even though she said she was interested, I've not heard from her since, so I'm assuming she's waiting on training....but the other just contacted me yesterday and she heard about me through another client, so that is great! Word of mouth seems to be working the best for me so far with marketing.

Happy story #4 is that we are going to put in a fenced in area in our yard to act as a "run through" for training dogs on their recalls. Of course, we'd prefer to have the entire yard but it's too expensive right now, so for now, it will just be a small area in the back yard. Better than nothing! I'm happy!

Happy story #5 is that this summer, we're going to go on a family retreat at Schoenstatt in Sleepy Eye! Honestly, I can't say that I know much about Shoenstatt except that it's played a big part in my parents marriage and it's carried over to my sister (who's house just happens to have a big Shoenstatt retreat center in her backyard.) It's a Marian movement led by Fr.Kentinech (sp?) and his cause is up for canonization. I am hoping that doing this will help all of us grow a little closer to each other and grow stronger in our faith. I emailed the Sister in charge of the family retreats so hopefully she'll get back to me soon. Mother Mary, you will have to arrange all of this for me if you want us to get out there!

Happy Story #6 is that I made a big breakthrough with Buddy the dog, and his owner! He now walks without a leash, which is what his owner really wanted. I was so excited, because this is the first dog that I have been able to do this with, other than my own. His owner was really excited about this and I finally earned her respect (not that she has been disrespectful or anything, but was questioning everything I was saying.)

AND, we made a breakthrough with Buddy's territorial aggression towards Joey. Though I wouldn't say things are much improved yet, his owner agreed to keep Buddy coming for one more week (it was originally supposed to be only one week) so that we can make some progress. I was able to correct him and get him to submit to the situation (be ok with Joey being in the room and around his owner) and that was the first time his owner saw him like this. Usually she has to drag him out of the room, while he is lunging and barking. Now she wants to learn how to handle him as more of a leader. So prayers appreciated for safety of dogs and people, Buddy will resist this probably a few more times until he respects his owner as leader!

That is it for happy stories for now. I'm sure there are more coming, as well as the trials that must come too. Reminds that "just as the sun rise on the bad and the good, so must the rain also fall on the just and the unjust." Matthew 5:45 


No comments:

Post a Comment