Friday, March 15, 2019

I hope I didn't do anything stupid

I just made an impulsive decision and made an impulsive purchase. Well, actually, I did think about it--for about an hour, which is pretty good, actually. But I was so excited to see this new technology where you can take an EKG straight off of your watch that I didn't need to think about it too much. I knew I wanted it.

Even though it's been nine years since my heart attack, I still have occasional scary arrythmias that I can only vagually describe to my doctor but never really explain. Sometimes he sends me home with a monitor (basically an EKG) that my insurance won't pay for and I have to wear it around for two weeks for nothing. It's big, bulky, and uncomfortable. And then when something does go off, you have to send the recording through a phone--not an iphone, but a horrible screeching noise that you hold up to the phone and someone on the other end records it.

So introducing the Kardioband. I was actually looking for something for Max to help him monitor his blood sugar better and I ran across this article about a watch that can actually detect and record an irregular heart rythm and prompt you to take an EKG straight from your watch. I was skeptical that something like that could work but it has excellent reviews. Many people that have used it share the readings with their doctors and so the doctors love it too. And the best thing is that it was only $99!

So I bought it. And yes, I hope it wasn't a stupid decison seeing that it was impulsive. At the same time, I don't see how I can regret it, unless it just turns out to be a piece of junk. (Which would be a surprise, considering the great reviews it got for accuracy.) To have peace of mind knowing that I'm not having a heart attack is worth $100 for me. Heck, I would pay more if I had to.

To not have to go running to the ER or call Dennis from the side of the road because my heart "went crazy" is worth it. It is worth it to no longer have anxiety attacks.

My only worry was what people would think when they saw this watch (it has normal time but for the most part, it is always showing your heartrate), but I figure, with all the gimmicks they have out there, people will just think it's a Fitbit. And who cares what they think anyway?

Here is the wonderful, amazing video on the Kardioband that I purchased. Feel free to pass this info on to anyone who suffers from any anxeity from heart trouble:


No comments:

Post a Comment