Tuesday, April 9, 2019

UnPlanned--you've got to go see it!



For the first time ever, I wish more people read my blog. But I think I know of maybe two people that actually read it. I saw the movie UnPlanned today and it was very good! So you two people that read this blog, go see it if you haven't already!

(And if you are thinking "I'm already prolife, I don't need to see it", who cares-- then at least go see it to support the movie.)

I have read the book and also follow Abby Johnson on Facebook. When I read her story, it was shortly before I found out I was pregnant with Henry. It was something I needed to read because I had no idea what I was going to face. Alhough I never really considered having an abortion, I felt pressured by some (a few unsupportive friends, a doctor or two) to have one. It was an unhappy pregnancy, unfortunately. People can be cruel.

Anyway, that book really helped solidify what I already knew: that I was prolife. But reading Abby's book, reading that horrible part about the abortion, made me all the more sickened about the evils of abortion. I have never wanted to hear the gory details about abortion, I didn't feel that I needed to hear it--I was already against abortion. But as Abby Johnson said in one of her talks one day: "You owe it to these babies to hear the details of their death." And I couldn't avoid it.

I saw it in the movie. I was really surprised they showed this part. Many people that saw the movie say that there's nothing graphic in the movie. Um, yes there is, there is baby being sucked through a cannula and then the bloody remains are shown in the cannister. And then there is another part, of her in the shower, bleeding huge blood clots as the remains of her pregnancy slides down her legs. That is very graphic!

But I'm not criticizing the movie. I think they had to show these things. Because as they said in the movie (a PP worker to Abby): "You will cramp and bleed just a little bit, but it will be gentle." And this movie is about exposing all the lies of Planned Parenthood.

But the part where they sucked the baby out of the womb...during that part, the entire theater was silent. Normally you hear people munching on their snacks or whispering to one another throughout the whole movie. But not at this part. It was completely silent.

I was one of those people trying to avoid the screen, but I heard all the noise; the sucking noise and the "whoosh" of the baby as it was whisked away. I took my hands off my face to do a quick lookaround to see what other people's reactions was, and EVERYONE had a horrified, pained look on their face. No one moved, whispered or anything. No one ate their popcorn or slurrped from their pop like they had just a few moments before.  I had been eating my favorite movie food: nachos with cheese and I literally lost my appetite as I'm assuming everyone else did as well.  We all just sat there with our snacks in our hands.

I knew about this part, I read about it in the book, I heard about it in Abby's talks. But to see it--even though we knew it was only animation, but realizing that this is pretty much how it looks--it was painful, hurtful to see. The baby fought to stay away from the needle, just like Abby said. And it was just so horrible to sit and watch with popcorn and pop.

The movie was well done. I had my doubts, as I always do with low budget films, but they did really well. The acting was well done and the script was good. They stayed true to the story. And I guess the biggest thing is that if you already consider yourself prolife, then you walk away knowing all the more *why* your prolife. And if you aren't prolife, then maybe you will consider becoming prolife. Because I don't know how anybody can watch this movie and not come out at least reconsidering their views.

So, my two readers, go see this movie. It is good and well done. And pay attention to the people around you. You never know. The person sitting right next to you with pop and popcorn may just be someone that may have been considering having an abortion, and may hopefully change her mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment